Upgrading cyrus-sasl-saslauthd-2.1.25 to the current cyrus-sasl-saslauthd-2.1.26, I started to get auth_krb5.c compile errors that were terminating the compile like:
<command-line>: warning: this is the location of the previous definition mv -f .deps/auth_getpwent.Tpo .deps/auth_getpwent.Po cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DSASLAUTHD_CONF_FILE_DEFAULT=\"/usr/local/etc/saslauthd.conf\" -I. -I. -I.. -I. -I./include -I./include -I./../include -I/usr/local/include -DKRB5_HEIMDAL -I/usr/local/include -O3 -pipe -march=native -DLDAP_DEPRECATED -fno-strict-aliasing -MT auth_krb5.o -MD -MP -MF .deps/auth_krb5.Tpo -c -o auth_krb5.o auth_krb5.c In file included from mechanisms.h:35, from auth_krb5.c:51: saslauthd.h:190:1: warning: "KRB5_HEIMDAL" redefined <command-line>: warning: this is the location of the previous definition auth_krb5.c: In function 'auth_krb5_init': auth_krb5.c:105: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type auth_krb5.c:106: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type auth_krb5.c: In function 'auth_krb5': auth_krb5.c:184: error: 'krb5_verify_opt' undeclared (first use in this function) auth_krb5.c:184: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once auth_krb5.c:184: error: for each function it appears in.) auth_krb5.c:184: error: expected ';' before 'opt' auth_krb5.c:233: error: 'opt' undeclared (first use in this function) *** Error code 1 Stop in /usr/ports/security/cyrus-sasl2-saslauthd/work/cyrus-sasl-2.1.26/saslauthd. *** Error code 1 Stop in /usr/ports/security/cyrus-sasl2-saslauthd/work/cyrus-sasl-2.1.26/saslauthd. *** Error code 1 Stop in /usr/ports/security/cyrus-sasl2-saslauthd.
with some expert advice from the port maintainer, Hajimu UMEMOTO (what is not to love about BSD and open source? Something goes wrong, the guy who knows everything about it tells you how to fix it right away). He correctly ascertained that I had
security/krb5 installed, a dependency of
openssh-portable. Kerberos, HEIMDAL and GSSAPI occasionally have interactions, but his advice was to make with the directive
KRB5_HOME=/usr/local. I put this into
/etc/make.conf to make it permanent, deinstall/reinstalled
security/krb5 and then
cyrus-sasl-2.1.26 compiled perfectly.
Thanks Mr Umemoto!
The latest (as of this writing) GCC port to FreeBSD 9.0 ended up creating some compile problems when I did a
portupgrade -ra: /usr/ports/graphics/tiff couldn’t find some libraries:
g++46: error: /usr/local/lib/gcc46/gcc/x86_64-portbld-freebsd9.0/4.6.3/crtbeginS.o: No such file or directory g++46: error: /usr/local/lib/gcc46/gcc/x86_64-portbld-freebsd9.0/4.6.3/crtendS.o: No such file or directory *** Error code 1
The problem is that there is no more 4.6.3 directory once you install 4.6.4. I didn’t bother debugging the port problem, though I probably should have and informed the port maintainer and all of those good citizenship steps but instead took a shortcut that solved the problem:
cd /usr/local/lib/gcc46/gcc/x86_64-portbld-freebsd9.0/ ln -s 4.6.4 4.6.3 cd /usr/ports/graphics/tiff make clean portupgrade -ra
And all is good.
If you’re trying to install p5-XML-SAX-0.99 and get a
Can't locate XML/SAX/Exception.pm in @INC
error then you may need to
cd /usr/ports/textproc/p5-XML-SAX-Base make distclean make deinstall make install clean
Then you can
cd /usr/ports/textproc/p5-XML-SAX make distclean make install clean
And you should get an error free install. Apparently p5-XML-SAX-Base is a prereq that isn’t getting cleanly detected or updated in the make process for p5-XML-SAX.
I noticed the warning
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/20090626/memcache.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/20090626/memcache.so: Undefined symbol "php_session_create_id" in Unknown on line 0
in my apache logs. Googling for it, some sites suggested that old
php.in files might the cause. But this is a pretty fresh install so I looked a little further and found a nerdstock note describing a similar problem. I checked my
/usr/local/etc/php/extensions.ini and finding that
extension=session.so came after
extension=memcache.so I moved it to the top of the file and the errors went away.