Sure you’re the largest data harvester in the world and you’ve convinced more people than even microsoft to migrate their personal and business data away from their relatively secure and relatively private personal computers and company servers onto your public, ephemeral servers where you make their data to every government in the world you do business with and all the hackers in China, and even in those circumstances where you do actually provide some measure of security, your services have helped eliminate any residual rational discomfort people might have had about giving Big Brother direct editorial review of every communication they have, every document they create, every question they think about. More than any other company, if only by dint of your scale, you have made an Orwellian informational panopticon reality.
But who can stay mad when you’re so damn cute. Barrel roll 🙂
- South Lake Tahoe Caldor Fire Timelapse
- Save your email! Avoid the Thunderbird 78 update
- Compile and install Digikam on Ubuntu 20.04 Focal
- Tagging MP3 Files with Puddletag on Linux Mint
- Never put important data on anyone else’s hardware. Ever.
- EZ rsync cheat sheet
- Favicon generation script
- CoreELEC/Kodi on a Cheap S905x Box
- WebP and SVG
- Dealing with Apple Branded HEIF .HEIC files on Linux
- Recent Comments
- Post History