- Off to FRA today. Almost a vaction, except for the projects… Dinner plans in Munich. Yay RCC drink tickets. #
- Thinktanks on the pod display! #
- Here for the frankfurters. Yum. #
- At a cafe in munich. Lovely day here. #
- Night train: munich to florence. Private sleeper with @phragments. #
- Morning in italy. DB breakfast in our cabin, olive covered mountains and terra cotta roofs outside. Good coffee waits in FLR, finally. #
- Home in italy. Excellent cappuchino at Gecko’s Bar in Borgo a Mozzano. Finally. #
- near 43.980549, 10.544039 http://tinyurl.com/pntlfj Excellent dinner at I Macelli. http://twitpic.com/607bz #
- Is going to finish the run in the hills that got cut short by a fairly intense thunderstorm. I was covered in leaf fragments when I got back #
- Figured out how to buy sandpaper and wood sealant in italian. Now to fuss with the finestra. #
- RT @seanpercival: explosions and boobs: http://www.explosionsandboobs.com/ #
- Lovely last dinner with @phragments in lucca, at least for a couple of months. http://twitpic.com/67bpq #
- near 43.840847, 10.50321 http://tinyurl.com/nvhb6s #
- Just attended mass at the milano duomo. #
- near 45.469649, 9.185856 http://tinyurl.com/lmtau4 alta moda cafe in milano is excellent. Ask for ash. http://twitpic.com/69trm #
- So a German cartographer, a Spanish businessman, an Italian student, an Australian priest, and an American couple go into a sleeper car… #
Powered by Twitter Tools.
Excellent, rich, full of flavor and fruit.
There was a nice double rainbow after a major thunderstorm outside our apartment.
The ancient church in our town (of 4 discrete buildings) turns out to be more ancient than thought, built in the 10th century. It is in need of some stabilization.
Some architects were documenting the layout of the stones (a stone-by-stone process) for future restoration work and we had a chance to look around inside. This is a rare treat as it is only open once a year for mass.
Swallows nest in the church walls and are very entertaining at dusk.
I made this sweater for you, try it on?
Nothing could possahbly go wrong.
- Off to meetings in boston, toronto, and LA; back home in SF by weds. #
- In cambridge now, stopped at home to get the laptops synced, now at Miracle of Science having beef skewers and fisherman’s ipa. #
- #toscis just heard story of the unrepentant laptop user. #customerfail #
- In canada for victoria day. Tim hortons is packed with empire celebrating canadians. Fireworks visible on landing at YYZ. #
- Off to ORD from YYZ: lovely day here. Flight crew talking about customs hassle. Seems pretty easy to incurr a $10k fine by accident. #
- Unusual approach at ORD. Pretty. http://twitpic.com/5ipkd #
- Two rental hybrids in a row and then a mustang convertible in LA. Karma isn’t always a bitch. http://twitpic.com/5jiia #
- Highly recommended: la cabana at lincoln and rose. Be there in 20 min. #
- My white convertible mustang rental had <10 miles on it and blue tape still on the controls. A perfect over 40 rental. #
- Returned rental mustang with 26 miles on it. Back to after 3 city tour. LA was pleasant enough. #
- New unbelievably irritating and stupid TSA rule: all shoes out and on the belt. Because it wasn’t slow enough before. #securityfail Obama?! #
- calcru: runtime went backwards strange… pfSense 1.2.2, seems like a 2006 vintage error. #
- It was a genuine honor to celebrate Dr. Wehner’s doctorate with the doctor himself tonight. And some fine Scotch. #
Powered by Twitter Tools.