Friday, June 13, 2008
Rental Car Review: Ford Edge
The Ford Edge is an oversized minivan. It drives like a van – a bit clumsy and uncertain. While it has plenty of interior space, it isn’t all that comfortable. The stereo was fine and the power everything was entertaining (a power open/close tailgate is very silly but fun). But as a car it was simply a pain to drive and maneuver – like suddenly gaining a lot of weight and no muscle.
- Quiet – the suspension seemed a bit weak but after 64,000 rental km it might be worse than new.
- Comfortable – fairly comfortable to sit in.
- Engine – powerful, but not that zippy given the size of the vehicle.
- Suspension – horrible: flabby weak and noisy
- Basic amenities – power everything and then some.
- Stereo – not as good as it could be.
- Security – no trunk, can’t leave anything in the car.